Gentsome is a hybrid of Ambrose & Stableford. Where the team takes the best drive from the tee - then continues to play individual stableford. The group of 4 (or pairs) players combine as 1 team.
- On each hole all players play their shot from the tee and players then decide which ball is in the best position.
- All players place their ball within 1 club length of where the selected ball lay (but not nearer to the pin). If the chosen ball is in the rough or hazard, all other balls must be dropped in the same position.
- From this point on, all players play out the hole as a normal Stableford round.
- At the completion of each hole, the best 2 out of the 4 (or 2 scores if pairs) Stableford scores of each hole are recorded. The player whose tee shot is chosen on each hole must be marked on the card.
- If a player cannot score or is unlikely to be one of the best 2 scores for the hole, he/she picks up on that hole.
- A minimum of 3 (min 5 if playing as pairs) tee shots per player must be taken during the round. Players use their individual Handicaps as per a normal Stableford round.